24.9.11

Woody Allen & other famous people illustrations


 hello everyone on this Saturday afternoon!

 thank you so much for showing up and sharing nice comments
 about the days spent in our current home
 &
 around Frankfurt with {this} lovely lady.
 ... developing friendships is so precious nowadays...

in case you are you perhaps wondering how come you are seeing me here
three days in a row during a busy period,
well... I was rather not supposed to be having time to
be on line today, at least not until later,
but a slight change of plans is 
resulting in me "stealing" some time

as I'm collecting inspiration lately
together with planning our future home to be,
I randomly stumble upon
quite a few things and people,
whose work drows my attention & feel it's quite suitable to bring 
to our rather selective pages

there are already a couple of people whose
work has touched me beyond words can describe
and am looking forward to sharing here,
but such posts require no time limits,
as I may be writing... forever!

this post will be kept relatively short,
and in all its spontaneity,
I'll proceed with sharing
a choice of prints
from the ingenious and quite recognized work
of illustrator {Judy Kaufman},

since yesterday I'm also becoming familiar with it...

I really like the famous people illustrations,
my favorite ones being these of 
Woody Alen & Charles Chaplin
{the 1st & last pictures here}

there is actually a collection of  9 of them
where you can choose a set of three from.
hop {here} and there you are!

I guess my 3rd choice would be {Frida Carlo}...
what about you?
does this kind of art attract you?
yes? which would you choices be?

personally, I'm also attracted to such prints like the ones below:


..................................... this neighborhood ...................................




........................... this tree in black & white .................................
................................ with its cleverly "hidden" birds ...............................
{can you actually count how many?}

 

........................... this urban city and cars.....................................

which attracts my eye with all these graphic lines,
 simplicity & soft grey tones...


&
....................................... Charles Chaplin .................................
................... last, but certainly not least as it is my favorite ...........

......................

so my dears, clock is ticking,
break from "real life" is over, 
and running right back to it,
 as the weather
today is a wonderful gift,
especially for us living in the middle & northern parts of Europe

I'll have to wish you already a wonderful weekend ahead,
and renew our date here quite soon,
 this time sharing more pictures from
the special handmade gift I received,
while also sharing inspiration,
lovely artists I have been having the pleasure of personally 
getting in contact with thanks to this blog
&
if all angels of the earth and universe bless me with the gift of
time,
a little taste of the ever on going creativity sessions taking place here
&
perhaps some shop updates to share

take care ~
enjoy your weekends!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful Printe with us! It's exactly what I like! I guess I would take Woody Allen, because there are many Films of ihm I love and I connect verräum memories with! Otherwise -the birdtree is also great! I count 5, are there more? Actually its pretty late, maybe I missed some!
    Have a great sunday,
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Iro, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! I miss reading your posts and looking at your pictures on flickr - but I understand you are probably too busy with moving into your new home (can't wait to see it!).
    I'm really into minimalism as a lifestyle - it's a wonderful feeling of freedom to declutter my life, own less and do more!
    I wish you too a wonderful autumn (my favourite season!) - unfortunately, here in southern Portugal it is still summer... xoxo ;)

    ReplyDelete