2.9.11

~ home decor stories with... Anne! ~ {guest post}


hello my dears,

well, with lots of things going on my mind, 
 connected with the upcoming movement
 out of the current place we are staying
 {which I suppose by now you all know how much
 I' ve  grown to love living in!}

one thing I must certainly do 
is to keep {such} useful & positive reminders in my mind & heart:








 the print shown above,
does actually live in our home
&
I think that it should be the first one to 
put on the walls of the new home!

some of you might have already recognised whose work this is,
as she is already and only after a year of presence
with her etsy shop,
very, very beloved 
quite popular I might say.

... in order to not turn this into an advertinement of her talents though,
just hop over {here} to read more about herself & her work !

so as you have probably just found out,
{Anne} is French & is currently living in magical Paris.

no wonder she is so inspired in creating
such amazing photographs!

but the reason that she and I connected
goes beyond appreciating each others
photography work.

we soon after found out
that we also share a common sense of aesthetics
&
an approach to home styling and decor.

We recently agreed that some selected of the treasuries she creates,
will be getting posted here a few times a month,
and she will also be letting you into her thinking behind
the creation of each one of them.

I find this absolutely great,
cause Anne is also a freelance writer
and particularly enjoy the way she expresses herself,
eventhough writing in English is a demanding process for her.

so my dear all, please welcome with a big warm hug,
Anne!

~ ~ ~

hello everyone,

this Anne writing here now, the person behind the photography Etsy shop
called {magalerie}.

A year ago, I started to make treasuries
and this is how I discoved Ivy's beautiful pictures...
we started an online correspondance between
France, {sometimes Greece} and Germany!

our connection was sealed soon with happy feelings,
as one of my first treasuries
including an item from Ivy's shop
was featured on Etsy Front page
last summer.

see?



{Ivy's item is the card with her "handwrittern love" print on the bottom left corner}

I don't have a blog at the moment and I'm really grateful that Ivy
invites me to present some of my treasuries here.

For me, they are more than just a selection of 16 items.
They are a way to create an atmosphere, exercise myself 
in gathering objects to create a cohesive result.

I imagine them as...
 home decor stories!

Most of the time, 
I fall in love with an object
{photography, print, drawing, vitnage item...}
and I try to imagine a whole room inspired by my first favorite.
As if I had a client who asks me to realise a room make over
based on one of their favorite objects.

For this frst post,
I' d like to present you {this} beautiful photo from 
Natalie's etsy shop,




I really fell for the colors in this photo!
lots of words came to my mind when I looked at it:
wood ~ earthy tones ~ tea ~ loneliness ~
serenity ~ calmness  ~ vacation
creativity ~ burlap
vintage paper...

...it inspires a collection mixed of vintnage finds &
photography prints.

can you imagine those objects in a wooden beach house like I do?




have a look at he result and please do let me know what you think!

till next time,
Anne
.................

well everyone, I hope you have enjoyed this post,
as I much as Anne had while putting it together
&
I did writing it!

I totally reasonate with Anne's thinking, way of seeing things
and absolutely adore both seeing her treasuries
and learning more about what lies behind them!

wishing you all a wonderful weekend ahead,
&
 promise to not take too long to return with more posts and news ; )


15 comments:

  1. beautiful! I love the beach picture, hughs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. i already love her on etsy!!!! beautiful!!! tahnks for sharing!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Anne's work too! I have one Keep calm and carry on poster in my bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful suprise and a honour to be featured on your blog ... and with the wonderful Anne too :-) I will have a big smile all day x
    Thank you dear Iro xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this.... xx Great post! Glad to see also Natalie's work being featured here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone and thank you so much for all your nice comments and your great support :)
    See you soon !
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. The method of execution is really impressive of writers of this blog. This team does really work hard and brings new information to its readers. I am connected with this blog very long and I am really thankful.คอนโดพระราม3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is surely a very good blog, thanks a lot for sharing such nice information here. Spinelli Home Improvements

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is actually good to read content of this blog. A is very general and huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I in reality appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge.
    กระเบื้อง ห้องน้ำ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. printable wall art

    ReplyDelete
  11. Home improvement can be a bit of a pain, a pain in the neck and a pain in the checkbook. It typically involves long hours, patience, and a good amount of money. If this wasn't enough, home improving your house is also often wrought with mistakes, mistakes that can cause longer this site more patience, and even more money. For this reason, it's important to avoid as many mistakes as you can, and improve your chances at a pleasurable home improvement experience.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work…home decorate tips

    ReplyDelete
  13. The scientific credentials of anyone working within food testing need to be underpinned with knowledge of the current and emerging regulations. This means keeping a breast of any changes to food quality standards. The all too recent horse meat scandal is a reminder of why food testing is needed with a global food supply chain. living room paint ideas

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do believe all the ideas you have presented for your post. They’re very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are very quick for novices. Could you please lengthen them a little from next time? Thank you for the post. Pest Control In Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello everyone and thank you so much for all your nice comments and your great support.
    See you soon !
    Parallels Desktop Crack

    Crack Software

    Crack Software

    ReplyDelete